This year was the first time I ever submitted any of my work into any competition and I'm proud to say I was accepted into the PPOC (Professional Photographers of Canada) show.  Today I was listening live for hours and it was kind of intense hearing what the judges had to say. When they reached one of my submissions (image below) I couldn't help but feel surprised as the word "accepted" was announced.


Go to this link to listen live as they continue the rest of the portraits being judged tomorrow:
http://www.ppoc.ca/audio.html You can also view the images while they are being judged live.

Although, some of the classes (categories) are not going to be judged live, I will keep you guys posted as to what the result is to the rest of my images I submitted (4 in total). I submitted in 1 portrait, 1 pictorial, 1 fashion and 1 wild life.

This image means a lot to me. It was my very first creative photoshoot that I did with two Taiwanese girls I lived with on campus last year. Angela and HsuanYun came in with their own traditional outfits, chinese fans and the traditional umbrellas. Their make up was done by Mary Beatty who also does a lot of modeling for me. When I shot this image I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe I was trying to show off the make up or maybe I was bringing out an innocence that Angela seemed to have? Overall, I seem to have good feedback on this piece of work and it is definitely one of my favourites.  Goodluck to the rest of you!

I called this image "A Peaceful Elegance"